Monday, February 25, 2008

Starbuck's Wisdom


While indulging in a cup of my favorite mocha concoction from Starbuck's, I was reading a quote on the cup from their "The Way I See It" collection. I found it quite profound and thought provoking. Let me share it with you.


"Our greatest prejudice is against death. It spans age, gender and race. We spend immeasurable amounts of energy fighting an event that will eventually triumph. Though it is noble not to give in easily, the most alive people I've ever met are those who embrace their death. They love, laugh and live more fully." --Andy Webster(Hospice chaplain in Plymouth, MI)

Isn't that a very Biblical view. Certainly we don't "rush" to die, but death is not something we should fear if we are right with God. Certainly some food for thought.

Dana Burk

1 comment:

Michelle Maddocks said...

I recently heard a phrase that someone was "sleeping like a Christian" in a movie (the Secret of Roan Inish), and my daughter asked what that meant. I could see that from the context it meant peacefully and soundly - much like the lack of fear of death that you mention in this quote. Interesting and goal worthy thought.