Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'm Better

Several have asked how I am doing since my recent stay in the hospital due to my asthma. Just thought I'd take a moment and give you an update.

I am better. Still have a ways to go. This asthma stuff is bad enough, but the medications to treat it are equally as bad. I have to be on high doses of steroids for weeks at a time after I have one of these bouts and they really mess with my head and body. It is very hard to think and that is exactly why I have done so little on this site. Sorry.

I think my head is clearing slowly and the fog is lifting. Hopefully, each day I will continue to gain my strength. I covet your prayers for me and the winter ahead. Typically fall and winter are the hardest time with the asthma. This has been quite a shock to be sick at the end of the summer. But, our God is good and I am confident He will see me through.

Thank you for your concern and prayers and may our Great God Bless each of you.

Dana Burk

1 comment:

Dana said...

I have asthma too and it is such a nuisance sometimes. It's hard not to be able to do what I used to do - to be dependant on the medicines.

Hope you are feeling better.