Friday, September 01, 2006

Where is Happiness?

Not in unbelief. Voltaire was an infidel of the most pronounced type. He wrote: "I wish I had never been born."

Not in pleasure. Lord Byron lived a life of pleasure, if anyone did. He wrote: "The worm, the canker, and the grief are mind alone."

Not in money. Jay Gould, the American millionaire, had plenty of that. In dying he said: "I suppose I am the most miserable man on earth."

Not in position and fame. Lord Beaconsfield enjoyed more than his share of both. He wrote: "Youth is a mistake; manhood, a struggle; old age, a regret."

Not in military glory. Alexander the Great conquered the known world of his day. Having done so, he wept in his tent, because, he said, "there are no more worlds to conquer."

Where then is HAPPINESS found?

The answer is simple: In Christ alone! He said, "I will see you again, and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no man taketh away."
--C.L. McCartney

No comments: