Saturday, October 06, 2007

"I Am Not Afraid of Tomorrow"

The T.G.I. Friday's I recently ate at had this saying wall papered around the room: "I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today." What a great attitude! How often we fear the future only to find out later there was nothing to fear or we were able to work through it. Winston Churchill once said, "When I look back on all these worries I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened." I know that has been true in my life. Most of which have worried over, never even happened.

Reflecting (not dwelling) on the past and looking at today can be a great bolster for facing tomorrow, whatever it may bring. Jesus told us in Matthew 6:31-33 not to worry about tomorrow--tomorrow will take care of itself. But if that is not enough security, He promises that if we are seeking after Him and His kingdom, HE will take care of us. So exactly what do we have to be worried or anxious about?

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today."
Dana Burk

2 comments:

Unknown said...

IF YOU HAVE TIME, STOP BY MY BLOG AND ENTER MY "BIRTHDAY GIVE-AWAY!"
I'D LOVE TO MEET YOU!!

Unknown said...

The things I do and say in the classroom may ultimately change the lives of my students forever. I have devoted 36 years in helping children realize they are a uniquely created individual who are here to accomplish what He has for them in their lives. I never give up on my kids.