Monday, April 24, 2006

Ready for Bird Flu?

A friend and I were talking about all the hype that is on the news lately about the bird flu and the preparations we need to be taking. We began to reminisce about our childhood days when everyone feared because of the cold war and were purchasing bomb shelters from the state fair displays. Disasters have always loomed before us and I suppose will always continue to do so, so long as this world exists.

Jesus said in Matt. 6:33-34 to seek the kingdom of heaven and He would take care of the rest. That is what I plan to do. I choose not to worry about what might (or might not) happen tomorrow and I am going to just worry about today. I can't do anything about the bird flu anyway. I sure will sleep better tonight knowing I don't have to fear bird flu, bombs, storms or anything else because my God has it all under control.

Dana Burk

No comments: