Thursday, May 18, 2006

Give Me Hope

"Hope is the power of being cheerful in circumstances which we know to be desperate." (G K Chesterton 1846-1936)

Paul tells us in Eph. 2:12 that if we are not in Christ, then we have no hope and are without God in this world. That is a very frightening thing to me. As the quote above says, because of hope we can be cheerful even in desperate circumstances. If we live with no hope, is it any wonder that people commit suicide.

Because of the hope I have in Jesus Christ and the promises I have in an eternal home, it really doesn't matter what happens to me in this life. Certainly I wish for comfort, good health, peace, etc., but if I do not have these or am lacking some of them, I can still be "cheerful" knowing that I shall have it all someday in my home in Heaven. I have hope.

If you are not a Christian, I encourage you to turn to God and His word that you too might share in this hope. If you need someone to study with or some guidance to know what you need to do to be saved and find this hope, write me in the comment section below and I will put you in touch with someone who can help you. We all need hope.

Dana Burk

No comments: