Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

Hope you have had a good Mother's Day. If your a mom I hope your children honored you well and if not, I hope you honored your mom.

My daughter came and spent the weekend with me which is always a pleasure and a treat. We shopped together which we don't do too often and that was fun. We had dinner with one or our sons and his family and the other son called and I got to talk to him. It has been a very pleasant weekend for me.

One of our young men made a statement during the announcements this morning at worship that I thought was well put. He stated that sometimes the world "gets it right" and Mother's Day is one of those times. He added that the Bible teaches us to honor our mothers and that is one time the world and the Bible agree. How profound. Truly the world doesn't get it right very often. How important it is that we honor our parents for all they have done for us.

This past week has been a full one for me. We have just completed an uplifting gospel meeting and had company over every evening after the meeting. It has afforded me the opportunity to grow closer not only to my God but to my brothers and sisters in Christ. What a great way to end the week by spending time with my family. Hope God has blessed you as well.

Dana Burk

No comments: