Wednesday, May 31, 2006

You Never Know

You know, we truly never know when our last day here on earth will be. We all acknowledge that verbally, but I think sometimes we don't really accept it mentally.

Last evening, as I arrived at a weekly Bible study I have with two young ladies on Tues. evenings, I was greeted by one of them who was, I think, still in a bit of shock. She had arrived at her job extra early that morning for a supervisor's meeting and one of their key "players" in the group was late. This lady worked in the office next to the young lady and had reminded her the day before to be sure and not be late for the meeting. The girl I study with said she had told some of her other co-workers that when the other one got there she was going to really rib her about telling her not to be late.

They waited and waited and the other co-worker never showed. I believe she said it was around 9:30 or 10:00 that they received news that the woman had been found dead in her bed. She had died in her sleep. She was 42. We truly never know.

Jesus tells us that we know not the day nor the hour of His coming--we also know not the day nor the hour of our leaving. We must be ready at all times to meet our God because, you never know.

Dana Burk

No comments: