Friday, June 02, 2006

I Want You There

Last night, while I was putting my son to bed, he and I had a very interesting conversation. He began to tell me, in his two-year old wisdom, about God's house. I told him one day he might be able to live in God's house. He responded to me that he wanted me to live there too. I told him, as tears began to trickle down my cheeks, I will be there and I want him to be there too one day.

I, as a father, will never forget his words explaining to me his desire for me to be in Heaven. I promised him I would. Can we as Christians actually say such a thing? YES!! Here are some thoughts I would like for you to consider:

1) Eternal life is not owed--Rom. 3:23; 6:23
2) The blood of Jesus forgives sins--Rom. 6:1-7
3) There is a place prepared for us--John 14:1-6
4) I can know I have eternal life--1 John 5:13
(borrowed)

I think the story above has some very sobering implications for each of us--especially parents. Will you be in Heaven with your children--will your children be in Heaven with you? We must be diligent to teach our little ones about God and the home He has prepared for each of us. Then we must be diligent to live the type of life that will be pleasing to my Father above so He will give me entrance into that eternal abode.

Dana Burk

No comments: