Monday, March 20, 2006

Hiding From God

Yesterday, a friend and I were discussing the post on this blog about my 4 year old grandson "goin' the devil's way" and she told the cutest story about her son who is 5 1/2 that I want to share with you.

He was doing something with the computer that he had been told not to and his mother scolded him but he just ignored her. Finally, she told him to stop and reminded him that God was watching him. When the child heard that, he crawled under the desk (so he could hide from God) and then said, "I want God to go and watch somebody else." Do you ever feel that way?

Often we think we are getting by with things but, He is always there--the all seeing eye. I am reminded of the children's song, "Oh Be Careful Little Hands What You Do". Each day we need to remember that "the Father up above is looking down in love, so be careful little hands what you do".

However, He also sees the "good deeds" we do as well and we can know that the things we do in secret, He will reward us openly for--how great and merciful our God is. Something to think about.

Have a great day and know that your loving Father is watching over you today.

Dana Burk

1 comment:

Ed Rangel said...

Great blog my dear sister. I was looking for an illustration for Sunday's sermon and you gave me one! I pray that all are well and am looking forward to accompanying Tol in Puerto Rico and the Domincan soon.

Ed