Thursday, March 09, 2006

A Newborn Baby



Today was a good day! I had a new grand baby born. That makes number 5 for me and as I told someone who was at the hospital celebrating the birth of their first grandchild, the excitement never wanes.

As I stood at the nursery window looking at our new, six pound baby girl, and watched her stretch her long legs and flex her funny little toes, I thought to myself, how can you not believe in a creator? She was perfect; complete with the normal twenty digits and fingernails that already needed trimming. How is it that babies are born, day in and day out, just like her without the help of someone above?

Do you ever have doubts creep in your mind about whether there really is a God? Do you sometimes begin to think that maybe you are being duped by "religion"? After all, you can't see God or scientifically prove He exists. I've had those thoughts before.

The next time doubts ease their way into your thoughts, go to the hospital nursery and stand at the window for 15-20 minutes and gaze at one of the newborn babies, and ask yourself, how is it that this helpless, fragile, six pound being can grow into an intelligent, independent and free thinking adult if their was no designer or creator. And look around you at all of the order and design in nature. The doubts will soon give way to reason.

Dana Burk

No comments: