Sunday, March 19, 2006

Taking People Where They Are

My husband's sermon title this morning was the title of this post. He talked about how Jesus took people where they were; they did not have to wait until they had become perfect before they came to Him. Ironically, in our Bible class we had just discussed a similar subject. We discussed how we are to go to a brother in sin and restore them but we are to do it in a spirit of love and gentleness, remembering that we too are sinners.

I am glad Jesus takes us where we are, because I still have not reached perfection and if I had to wait until I did, I will still be outside of Christ. Truly we have a merciful Heavenly Father.

We had two sisters restored to the Lord this morning because, He takes us where we are--His Word is powerful.

Dana Burk

No comments: