Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Praise to the Women on My Journey

To the women on my journey
Who showed me the ways to go and ways not to go,
Whose strength and compassion
held up a torch of light and beckoned me to follow...
To the women on my journey
Who showed me how to live and not to live,
Whose grace, success and gratitude
lifted me into the fullness of surrender to God...
To the women on my journey
Who showed me what I am and what I am not,
Whose love, encouragement and confidence
held me tenderly and nudged me gently...
To these women I say bless you and thank you
from the depths of my heart,
for I have been healed and set free
through your sacrifice.
by: Melissa M. Bowers (adapted)
I found this poem on a card sometime back and it has always been one of my favorites. We truely are what we are because of many women we have met on our journey in life. Hopefully, we have been priviledged to meet many godly women who have influenced us and molded us for the good and glory of God.
Dana Burk

No comments: